Women in Leadership
A Tool Box of Strategies, Skills and a Spa for the Soul!
Women in Politics, Women's Spa for the Mind and Soul, and Mentoring Future Young Leaders are three dynamic programs to affirm, equip and empower women and future young leaders. Bring Betsy's rich talent to your group. Experience her inspiring seminars, design a relaxing retreat, or plunge into an adventure-based event using mountains as metaphors.
Women in Politics
- This workshop program will explore some of the unique challenges faced by women candidates in politics, tapping into lessons Betsy learned in her five political races. The objective is to equip participants with a practical "tool box" of ideas and strategies for overcoming gender challenges, and achieving strong electoral campaigns.
Women's Spa for the Mind and Soul
- This relaxing retreat provides an opportunity for women to escape the routine and break into the extraordinary. Combining outdoor adventure, inspiring leadership films and personal growth events, this escape is topped with a luxury spa. Spoil the mind, body and soul.
Mentoring the Next Generation of Women Leaders
- A large number of barriers blocking young girls from reaching their full potential have been broken by decades of advocacy. But, the seemingly easy “glass elevator” ride to the top ends abruptly in real-world obstacles. Providing young women with strong role models and leadership skills is important. Betsy will design courses, classes, school breaks or trips tailored to your student body and your vision. As an option, take a trip to Ivy League schools, top universities and global institutions changing our world.
Format Tailored to Your Group
- Spa Retreat
- Keynote Speeches
- Adventure Based Workshops
The “Women in Leadership” programs will
- Examine real-world barriers
- Build skill sets and strategies
- Explore solutions
- Foster networks
- Stimulate and Support
- Mentor Women Entering Politics
- Relax, Refresh and Reinvigorate
- Women's Groups, Businesswomen's Networks, Nurses and Caregivers and Non-Governmental Organizations focused on empowering women
- Private Girl's Schools and Colleges cultivating confidence and leadership skills in young girls
- Summer Leadership Camps
- Women in Politics
Betsy is a well-recognized motivational speaker and strong role model for young girls and has been pivotal in fostering three global networks of women: the APEC Women Leader’s Network, the World Women’s Veterinary Association, and the UN Commission on Science and Technology for Development “Gender Working Group”Advisory Board.
Betsy served on several Boards including Harvard Women’s Leadership Board, Heifer International Women in Livestock Development (WiLD) and SHAD International designing summer camps for young future leaders. In 1998, she was distinguished with the Head of Public Service Award for excellence in public policy and fostering youth leadership in Canada.
For the Commonwealth Secretariat, Betsy wrote a Manual on Mainstreaming Gender for Ministries of Science and Technology. She coauthored the UNESCO World Science Report chapter on gender and produced four guidebooks with UN Agencies on gender and indigenous knowledge, microenterprise, agriculture and women and the environment.
With the Science Advisor to the Prime Minister and the CIHR, Betsy facilitated four Roundtables addressing the “Missing Numbers” of women in science. At Canada’s Embassy in Washington and in London she facilitated international workshops exploring best practice models to remove barriers for women. Betsy was selected by the Royal Bank of Canada for its “Women of Infuence” speaker series and this year, Betsy was recognized as a ‘Women of Influence’ by the Pashmina Campaign.
"Betsy is a dynamic leader of women. She has been pivotal in founding three global women's networks and has served on several Boards of organizations dedicated to breaking barriers for girls and women in agriculture, business, science and politics. Accomplished and committed, she is a strong promoter of diversity and fearless advocate of equity. I shared many a moment with Betsy in Beijing at the Fourth World Conference on Women in Development. She is a well respected leader of women's rights locally, nationally and globally." - The Hon. Flora MacDonald: First Female Secretary of State for External Affairs, Canada
"Betsy and I met while working on a shared goal of increasing the role of women in science and technology. We have collaborated on a series of Roundtables on Women in Science with the Science Advisor to the Prime Minister of Canada, and on a number of workshops on recruitment and retention of women in science abroad in Washington, D.C. and London, England. In addition, Betsy has been a consistent and determined champion of First Nations women in science, technology and the trades. She has inspired countless of us to excel beyond our wildest dreams and lifted the profile of the "Missing Numbers" of women in science, technology and the trades to the highest levels of decision-makers. Her dedication, compassion and impressive determination make her a model 'Change-Maker'" - The Honourable Lillian Eva (Quan) Dyck, Ph.D., D. Litt., Senator
Building Leadership Overseas
For each speech Betsy delivers, she will donate a portion of her fee to an international organization building women's leadership in developing countries.
Supporting Leadership Locally
For every group workshop Betsy delivers for you, she will offer to provide a leadership workshop to the local charity of your group's choice.
For more information please contact: